Hosting Social Innovation
a free online course
April 24 to June 4, 2017
A social innovation is a novel solution to a social problem that is more effective, efficient, sustainable, or just than current solutions. The value created accrues primarily to society rather than to private individuals.
-Stanford University, Center for Social Innovation
Do you want to support people to find fresh solutions for the most urgent problems of today?
Join our free online course about hosting social innovation!
- presentations from leaders in the field
- solo and group work
- support from tutors
- and more!
Registration form (extended until April 30)
The course is also available in German (May 8 – June 16).
- innovators, visionaries, facilitators of change, sustainability professionals, social entrepreneurs, trainers, teachers;
- participants coming from diverse sectors: business, social enterprises, NGOs, academia, other institutions;
- all who share interest in the facilitation of social innovations.
Goals of the course
- To facilitate better understanding of the importance of social innovation;
- To offer practical skills, to support others during all innovation phases as well as getting to present tools and methods that will help you and others to realize ideas and visions.
Why should you take part in this course?
- Rich curriculum, covering all the innovation phases with examples of the methods that can be used, practical cases from a variety of countries.
- The form and the program of the course is based on extensive experience engaging in e-learning in the field of sustainability.
- The distance learning makes the course available to everybody with internet access — you can learn from everywhere you want.
- A diverse group of participants represent a great opportunity for getting to know new perspectives and ways of thinking crucial to innovation.
- Tutors with practical experience in both online education as well as project implementation support you in deeper understanding of the course material, providing you with feedback on realized tasks.
- Meet engaging practitioners in our two webinars and hear their stories of how they overcame innovation barriers.
What you need in order to participate
- Participation is free of charge.
- You need consistent, high-speed internet access.
- Your engagement in this training can vary depending on how much time you have – there are some obligatory parts and some complimentary optional activities. Of course, the more you give the more you get! The whole course requires approximately 4 hours per week.
- All of the participants that successfully finish the course will earn a certificate.
The course is part of the project Hosting Social Innovation realized by an alliance of four organizations from four different European countries:
Please find more information about the project, please visit hostingtransformation.org.
The European Commission support for the production of this course does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.